1- MT05 CHAVIN X MT06 LUPITA (Santaensis x Pachanoi)
2- MT07 PUMACAYAN X MT05 CHAVIN (Pachanoi x Santaensis)
3- MT05 CHAVIN X MT01 (Santaensis x Pachanoi)
4- MT01 X LUPITA (Pachanoi x Pachanoi)
5- LUPITA X LEMMY (Pachanoi x Pachanoi)
6- LFM X MT01 (Pachanoi x Pachanoi)
7- MT05 CHAVIN X LEMMY (Santaensis x Pachanoi)
8- FR991 SCOPULICOLA X PACHANOI (Dutch import, Lima pachanoi).
9- (Juuls Giant X Huancabamba) X ¨Barracuda ¨ (Pachanoi x Pachanoi) x (Peruvianus Barracuda)
10- ¨Mystic” X ¨3392¨ (Pachanoi x Bridgesii)
11- (Juuls Giant X Huancabamba) X (SS02 X Juuls Giant). (Pachanoi x Pachanoi) x (Bridgesii x Pachanoi)
12- “3392” X SS Bridgesii. (Bridgesii x Bridgesii)
13 – MT01 X LFM (Pachanoi x Pachanoi)
14 – PUMACAYAN X LEMMY (Pachanoi x Pachanoi)
– Worldwide shipping with tracked mail.
At our nursery, we take a careful and intentional approach to producing our own Trichocereus seeds for genetic selection, propagation and conservation. Here is an overview of our process:
- Selection of parent plants: We carefully select parent plants with desirable traits that we want to pass on to their offspring. This might include traits like vibrant colors, unique shapes, or disease resistance.
- Controlled pollination: Once we have identified our parent plants, we carefully hand-pollinate them to control the genetic makeup of their offspring. This allows us to create hybrids that possess the desired traits from both parent plants.
- Seed harvesting: Once the plants have been pollinated, we allow the fruits to mature and the seeds to develop. We carefully harvest the seeds and ensure that they are properly cleaned and stored to maintain their viability.
- Germination and growing: We then germinate the seeds and grow the resulting seedlings in a controlled environment. We monitor their growth and development, taking note of any interesting or desirable traits that emerge.
- Genetic selection: As the plants grow, we carefully evaluate them for the desired traits that we are looking to preserve or enhance. We may select certain plants to continue breeding or hybridizing, while others may be discarded if they do not possess the desired traits.
- Preservation and distribution: Once we have identified and propagated plants with desirable traits, we carefully preserve their genetics for future use. We may also distribute seeds or plants to other nurseries or collectors to increase the genetic diversity of Trichocereus cacti around the world.
By carefully selecting parent plants, controlling pollination, and evaluating offspring for desirable traits, we are able to produce Trichocereus seeds that are exclusive and include new genetics in the horticultural pool. Our approach allows us to play an active role in the conservation and enhancement of Trichocereus cacti, ensuring that these beautiful and unique plants continue to thrive for generations to come. Happy growing !